Woodstock Veterinary Hospital is a quickly growing, family owned and operated animal hospital located in Woodstock, GA. We have an immediate position available for a Veterinarian Technician. We are seeking an individual who can multi-task, handle a strong case load of patients and work independently and efficiently.
You will work closely with supervising veterinarians to provide preventive care, diagnose injuries and illnesses and perform medical procedures on our patients. Although the job requires a great deal of collaboration with the veterinarians and staff, you will also have the opportunity to work independently.
As a Veterinary Technician you will greet and handle all our clients with professionalism, within the protocols and high standards we have set for our practice. You must be efficient and effective, able to multi-task, and provide a liaison between client and veterinarian. At all times, a technician must maintain a warm, yet professional appearance and demeanor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively communicate in the English language both in writing and orally.
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Solve problems involving several variables.
- Regularly stand for extended periods, and be able to reach and feel with hands and arms.
- Frequently walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, and lift or move up to 100+ pounds.
- Maintain confidence around pets.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel, and become proficient in a short time period with our veterinary management software.
Common Technician Duties, not limited to:
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol
- Assist veterinarian in medical procedures using proper restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique
- Maintain and use medical equipment such as IDEXX Lasercyte and autoclave
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis
- Monitor patients under anesthesia - Induce anesthesia and intubate patient
- Administer treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form
- Initiate emergency procedures
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia, fecal, and heartworm test logs
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Take radiographs
- Assist Veterinarian in exam room
- Take a thorough medical history
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Perform dental cleanings
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytology’s
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous
- Complete ear cleanings and nail trims
- Patient care/feeding in kennel
- Care for all pets boarding and kenneled within our practice
- Kennel maintenance and cleaning
- Perform baths and basic grooming procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work weekends, without restrictions
- Must be available to work Community Events/Vaccine Clinics (on location)
Woodstock Veterinary Hospital is a Drug Free Work Place
About Woodstock Vet Hospital
Woodstock Veterinary Hospital is conveniently located near downtown Woodstock. Privately owned and operated by Dr. Wilmer Bustelo and Dr. Maria Salazar.