Animal Crackers Veterinary Hospital, located in West Jordan, UT, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice. Must have 2 years experience plus.
Competitive Sign on Bonus offered! (Or relocation!) $15K bonus during your first year!
Relocation Bonus offered!
Abundance of CE – $3k Yearly, with 100% liability insurance coverage, and coverage of licensure, DEA, and dues - Paid CE Days!
4 day work weeks - No Sundays!
Come enjoy this awesome team and community in the heart of lively Sugarhouse, Utah - Work Life Balance Matters, take PTO and still enjoy your production bonus! (No penalty for PTO)
Animal Crackers Veterinary Hospital is located in West Jordan, Utah which is less than 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Our mission is to provide excellent and compassionate patient care at reasonable rates. Our loyal clients are like part of the family, many frequenting our full-service veterinary hospital since its inception in 1983. We are looking for a candidate that will enjoy collaborating with colleagues, developing his or her skill set and be a part of our growing business.
About West Jordan, UT:
In West Jordan, you can enjoy local events like the Independence Day Festival and Western Stampede Rodeo and various cultural events and activities organized by the Arts Council. There are a variety of parks to enjoy and the Jordan River Trail is a great setting for a leisurely stroll or quick run. West Jordan is less than 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City where you'll find a wealth of cultural and sporting events, including the Utah Symphony and Opera, Ballet West, the Utah Jazz and a number of museums and more. Utah's world-famous mountains are just minutes away and are an outdoor lover's paradise. Winter brings the Greatest Snow on Earth for skiing, snow boarding and snowmobiling. When the powder melts, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing and boating are just a few of the summer activities to be enjoyed.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· Six exam rooms, treatment area, dental suite and surgery room.
· In-House laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries, urinalysis and sediments, and various IDEXX tests run by technicians. We also have a close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
· Digital X-ray system with superb, readable "films" in eight seconds.
· Ultrasonic dental system
· Digital Dental X-ray system.
· Isoflourance anesthesia and electro surgery.
· Complete pharmacy - large inventory of established pharmaceuticals.
· Newest version AVIMARK computerization which streamlines the management of client data base of more than 12,000 animals
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
Internal Number: 3713
About Animal Crackers Veterinary Hospital
To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.