Licensed Veterinary Technicians for Specialty and Emergency
Upstate Veterinary Specialties
Upstate Veterinary Specialties (UVS) is a privately owned hospital offering 24/7 emergency/ critical care and board-certified specialty care to companion animals in New York State’s Capital District. Our services include Cardiology, Critical Care, Dermatology, Emergency, Fast Track (Urgent Care), Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Radiology, Rehabilitation, and Surgery. We have an on-site and diverse leadership team and a full-service administrative department.
Why We’re Different
UVS strongly emphasizes staff fulfillment and work-life balance, which are demonstrated in our culture and practice philosophy. Being a privately-owned hospital with leadership on-site, we can quickly respond to the needs of our staff and community.
Our practice has a talented mix of experienced emergency clinicians and specialists. Our hospital is unique in that we have a toxicologist and two hospitalists on staff. We have two technicians dedicated to our in-house pharmacy and three social workers who help facilitate compassionate client communications and help our staff.
We value life-long learning- encouraging and funding continuing education for our staff. Our new medical hires participate in an eight-week rotational training program to set staff on a path to success.
Our Compensation Package
UVS offers an industry-leading compensation package with salaries that closely reflect those of human nurses in our area. Our generous benefits include:
- Fully paid medical, dental, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with a matching contribution
- Generous paid time off, including “floating” holidays
- Employee kennel and pet insurance stipend
- Substantial continuing education allowance and generous paid time away for CE
- A 3-4 day workweek
Are you interested in an opportunity with UVS, but live too far for a daily commute? We may have a solution for you!
- UVS offers a housing allowance benefit to both full-time and part-time employees who work consecutive shifts. A daily or monthly allowance will be offered to employees who live more than 60 miles from UVS in order to obtain temporary housing while completing their scheduled shifts. This benefit is offered as part of the employment agreement upon hire
We are seeking dedicated Licensed Veterinary Technicians who are looking for a rewarding career and want to expand their knowledge. Our ideal candidate will embrace our culture and display empathy, kindness, and patience in all aspects of their work.
The following departments are looking for Technicians:
- Emergency (full-time, part-time, per-diem)
- A variety schedules including evening, overnights, and weekends
- Floating Technician
- This position assists all departments in providing additional coverage. The schedule is Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Recovery Room
To learn more about us, visit www.uvsonline.com